Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I hire Room to breathe?
- Monique is friendly, non-judgmental, creative, and empathic while still encouraging you to stay focused on the ultimate goal: getting your life to feel the way you want
- Monique has extensive experience as a licensed social worker working with adults and children w/ADD and learning differences. She has been organizing professionally since 2000.
- Monique is a member of NAPO (the National Association of Professional Organizers) and NAPO-NE (the New England Chapter of NAPO), and follows the NAPO Code of Ethics. Privacy and confidentiality are her highest priority.
Why should I hire an organizer at all?
- Collaborating with an organizer makes the work happen! Getting organized can be lonely work and tends to fall to the bottom of the to-do list. Working with Monique makes the time go fast. The work gets done, and the vision of what is possible stays clear. We’re all too busy—getting organized will help you feel more in control and able to focus on the things that really matter in your life.
- Getting organized can save you money—no more late fees, lost items needing to be replaced, penalties, or fines
- As a culture, we are chronically over-extended. Learning strategies to better manage your time will make you feel more calm and in control.
- Getting organized can help you clarify your values and interests, and reallocate your time so that you are actually spending time on the things you care about, not on the minutiae of everyday life.
When’s a good time to hire an organizer?
- When you’ve experienced a major life change: moving, combining or separating households, the birth of a baby, empty-nesting, down-sizing/simplifying, going back-to-school (for kid, adolescents, or adults)
- When you just can’t take it any more!
How does it work?
During your initial free phone consultation, we identify the problem areas you want to work on and set a time for an in-person meeting.
Then we will work together to systematically approach the issues that are causing stress.
We generally work in 2-3 hour blocks of time, payable at the end of each session, although we can design alternative work-plans to meet your individual needs and preferences.
Will there be homework?
That depends on you. Some people prefer to be given suggestions and then to go do them themselves on their own time. Others are looking for someone who is not afraid to get in the trenches with them. We’ll design a plan that works for you
How long will it take?
That depends very much on what you want to accomplish. If you want assistance on a specific project, it may take only a few sessions to work through. Long-term changes in the way you manage your life or time may involve more on-going work. We’ll work together to meet your specific needs.
Do I need to buy a lot of "stuff" to get organized?
No! In fact, most of us who have tried to get organized in the past have made the mistake of initially going out and buying "organizers" which ultimately become more clutter. You may want or need to buy things to help organize you, but wait until we’ve clearly determined what you need after we’ve cleared out the clutter.